Digital Marketing Assistant
(Freelance/Project based position)
Tired of browsing through positions that offer the world but once you get inside they deliver nothing to support your learning plus you need to travel an hour there and back?
We see you and your ambition to grow and learn in an industry that is exploding with potential as we speak. Plus we get that you love what you do but you’re not looking to build a brand or be visible all the time. You really get excited by delivering top notch digital marketing work and want to be in the trenches of an established brand.
Ostara Marketing is a fast growing boutique digital marketing agency managing Facebook & Instagram advertising and digital marketing campaigns for thought leaders, influencers, course creators and e-commerce stores from every corner of the globe.
Right now, we’re looking for a brand-new Digital Marketing Assistant to join our team!
About the role:
We are looking for a creative and driven digital marketing assistant to join the team. The assistant role is a contractor position on a project by project basis. In the future there may be an opportunity to progress to a more permanent position. The mission for this role is to assist in managing in-house social media as well as supporting client advertising campaigns.
The position is a contractor/freelancer position on a project by project basis and you’re free to keep working with other clients. We’re looking for someone who can dedicate at least 5-10 hours per week to assisting with scheduling social media posts, uploading blog posts, uploading podcast episodes, promoting podcast episodes, and support with setting up client Facebook and Instagram ads with the possibility for more hours.
You are responsible for your own business registration, tax and superannuation (pension). You are welcome to work from anywhere and work your weekly hours on a flexible schedule that suits your life-style. We’ll need you 1 – 2 hours a day, Monday to Friday, be able to connect during Australian time business hours (AEST), have a fast reliable internet connection, your own computer and be able to attend regular team meetings via Zoom.
The digital marketing assistant is responsible for:
– Scheduling social media content to Facebook & Instagram through Recurpost and natively via the Facebook Creator Studio
– Creating social media and blog images in our Canva Templates
– Upload blog content and podcast content to our WordPress website (Divi theme)
– Scheduling email newsletters in ConvertKit
– Collating different components of an advertising campaign like images and copy from the creative team
– Setting up advertising campaigns based on the digital strategy and creative assets provided
– Staying on top of new techniques, strategies, and changes in the digital marketing landscape
– Participating in daily, monthly, and quarterly team catch ups to ensure agency team members are all meeting company goals & responsibilities
Our ideal candidate wish-list is:
– Knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms and scheduling tools like Recurpost
– A positive attitude and a willingness to show up as their true authentic self
– A responsible nature (especially but not exclusively when dealing with sensitive materials and client information) and high integrity
– Detail and customer-oriented focus, with good multitasking, communication, and organisational ability
– Working knowledge of team management tools like Asana, Google Drive tools; image creation software like Canva; email marketing tools like Convertkit; content platforms like LeadPages and WordPress (Divi theme)
– Some paid Facebook & Instagram Ads Management experience (training will be provided)
– An interest in the psychology of advertising and the customer journey
– Willingness to problem solve with curiosity and a growth mindset, and ask for support when needed
– Commitment to ongoing education and digital marketing training to stay on top of changes to Facebook regulations, strategies, and updates
– High attention to detail
– Show us your attention to detail by including the secret code: “ostara marketing assistant” in your subject line
– Availability 1 – 2 hours per day Monday to Friday (with the availability to connect during business hours AEST).
This would suit a Virtual Assistant/Admin Assistant with an interest in Facebook & Instagram Advertising.
What’s in it for you:
– The flexibility to create your own schedule and work remotely
– Ongoing training and development
– Opportunity for career progression
– Being part of a small team that thrives on creating results for our clients
– Freedom to keep working with other clients
– A competitive hourly rate
What we need from you!
If this opportunity sounds like what you’ve been searching for and you’d love to be considered, here’s what we’re asking for:
Apply via the button below by answering the questions outlined below + submit your resume. Feel free to get creative with how you share this. We’re expecting quite a number of submissions for this position, so make sure you stand out! Share your submission via email and include the secret code as your subject line.
Please answer the following questions in your applicant submission:
- What draws you to digital marketing?
- What is your proudest accomplishment relative to marketing?
- What digital marketing courses have you taken?
- Have you taken any Facebook advertising courses? If so, which ones?
- What’s important to you in regards to working as part of a team?
- Why do you want to work for Ostara Marketing?
Applications close 5:00PM AEDT 11 December 2020